I recently joined the Colorado Healthcare Communicators (CHC) in December of last year. I was interested in expanding my network and increasing my knowledge in a field that I am passionate–I also heard there would be breakfast burritos at the meetings. Since December, I’ve not only had my fair share of burritos, but I’ve also met many people who have given me invaluable advice, acted as thinking partners on a project I was working on, or even just given me a business card.
There are many reasons to become a member of the Colorado Healthcare Communicators. As a Colorado professional, working in or involved in healthcare-related marketing, public relations, or media relations, we know it can get tough out there! You need a network of strong individuals who you can turn to when a crisis emerges, when you need some fresh ideas, or for just a laugh over drinks at our bi-monthly happy hours!
We believe the Colorado Healthcare Communicators can help you with three key aspects of your career:
- Strengthen your network – Building professional relationships within CHC provides a sense of belonging to a greater community. Growing your network gives you access to help and support in reaching your professional goals. Connect with peers to share ideas, gather information, get advice, and discover new friends.
- Further your career – Joining the CHC Board or a committee may provide leadership opportunities to strengthen your skills and even your resume. Identify movers and shakers as prospects for informational interviews. The CHC website provides postings of industry related jobs, too! Becoming a member means you’ll also have access to many of our events for free or discounted-rates. You never know who might be waiting to meet you at one of these events, ready to give you that next big break.
- Expand your knowledge – CHC brings industry leaders to members through breakfast programs. Past topics have included the building blocks of strong media and marketing programs, healthcare industry updates, media relations, and 101 on Google Analytics.
If that wasn’t enough to convince you, we have more formal benefits that are included with membership, as well:
- Access to member-only resources
- Summaries of previous programs and webinars
- Reduced fees for monthly breakfast programs
- Discounts on Gold Leaf Award entry fees
- Free entry to our annual member mixer
The CHC membership pays for itself when you attend four or more meetings per year! Annual membership is $75 for an individual, full-time student membership is $50, and we also offer organizational membership for up to four staff members for $250.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us today, while the burritos last!